Sunday, November 23, 2008

lemonade award


First, thanks to all of you who have expressed your thoughts, prayers and support for myself and DBF. We are coping pretty well. Financially, we're ok - we had set aside some money for a downpayment on a house, so we have enough savings to keep us going for a while. With the help of the career outplacement services paid for by our former employer, I'm confident that we will not only find jobs, but jobs that we like. It may take a while, but in the meantime, we're enjoying our quality time together during the holiday season.

In the spirit of gratitude, Maureen of Being Chronically Ill Is A Pill has awarded me with the Lemonade Award!

The Lemonade Award is given to blogs demonstrating an attitude of gratitude. I know Maureen has been an inspiration to me, with a positive attitude despite her chronic illnesses. She goes out of her way to express how thankful she is for friends, family and even our veterans. I'm honored that she's passed this award along to me.

In keeping with the tradition of the award, I am passing the award along to these 10 bloggers:
  1. Deborah of Weathering Migraine Storms
  2. Eileen of My Life With Migraine
  3. Ellen of WEGO Health
  4. How To Cope With Pain
  5. Kelly of Fly With Hope
  6. Marijke of Help My Hurt
  7. Megan of Free My Brain
  8. Rosalind of Working With Chronic Illness
  9. Suzie of Sparkling With Crystals
  10. Teri of MyMigraineConnection (and others)
It was difficult to pick only 10 bloggers to award, as so many of the blogs I read are inspirational in their positive attitudes. I encourage all of you to check out my picks, as well as the others in my blog roll, if you haven't already.


Be well,
MJ

6 comments:

Maureen Hayes said...

MJ,

You deserve the award now more than ever. Although you are facing a difficult time, you are focusing on the positive, as usual. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Continued prayers and good wishes for not only job success, but for happiness and health!

Maureen

deborah said...

MJ,

Thank you, and congrats on the award. I wish you well on your job search. I hardly feel deserved of any award lately; I've barely even kept up with my blog! But I thank you.

Laurie said...

MJ, glad to hear you're feeling okay about things, and hope a new path opens up for you both soon!!

Ellen S said...

MJ, You're so awesome, and you deserve this award. Thank you for passing it along to me as well. I'm so grateful and I think it has inspired me! Hang in there girl, I know you must be stressing and I can only imagine how you feel right now. I hope you are able to relax a little so you can rise above your Migraines...

Ellen

Eileen said...

Thank you my dear friend!!!

Keep hanging in there!

Much love! XOXO

Jeanne said...

MJ,

Congratulations on your award. I just added you to my blogroll!

I believe you and I are connected on Facebook somehow... I'm pretty sure.

Now I need to see if I can find you on twitter. Great blog! :)

Please keep in touch!

Jeanne :)